These are amaaaaaaazing! I can’t tell you the last time I had pancakes, so I was more than excited to indulge in these! I can eat only oatmeal for so long! You can be creative with ingredients such as protein, nuts, fruit and so on. We used pecans and peanut butter and white chocolate chips for our pancakes. I’m glad my husband woke up when he did or he wouldn’t have had anything to eat for breakfast! I couldn’t stop eating off the plate as they cooled! Get to cookin’ good lookin’!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour (I used 1/2 regular flour and the other 1/2 almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda (more baking soda than powder will make it extra fluffy!)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp earth balance organic butter
- 1 large egg (I used egg whites)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c low-fat buttermilk, room temperature (If you don’t have buttermilk you can use a cup milk and tsp vinegar.. let it sit for a couple minutes before adding into mixture.
- 1 tsp sugar free maple syrup
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, you want to whisk together the butter, egg whites and vanilla.
- Add in the buttermilk and sugar free maple syrup.
- Stir in the yogurt until smooth and pour your wet mixture in the flour mixture and mix tiger to create your batter.
Spray a light coat of cooking spray on your pan and preheat over low heat. Depending on how big you want your pancakes, pour batter onto your pan and cook for a couple minutes and flip. Serve before eating them all!!!