Who doesn’t love the combination of lemon and vanilla?!
Most oatmeal cookie recipes can be very repetitive; oatmeal raisin, cinnamon oatmeal, and banana bread.
I was feeling pretty summery so it only made sense to play around with a lemon inspired cookie!
I used vanilla extract but to get the vanilla flavor other ways you could add vanilla Greek yogurt or a vanilla protein powder if you want more of a protein dense snack.
Lemon Vanilla Oat Cookies
2 cup oats
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 scoop vanilla protein optional
1 egg *or substitute with egg whites*
2 tbs coconut oil
5 tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs lemon zest or add to taste
- Preheat oven to 325.
- You will need two separate mixing bowls, one for the dry ingredients and the other for the wet.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes for your dough to harden up.
- Lightly spray or line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil . Roll your dough into little balls and place on your baking pan. Press down with your fingers or flatten with a fork before placing in the oven.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over cook! They will harden and continue to bake when you take them out.
I like to prepare these with a side of fruit, break pieces off into my yogurt, crumble in a small bowl of milk to eat like ‘cereal’ or simply consume as is!
They are light, fresh and tasty!